Saturday 9 August 2014

Duluth, Day 36

Started the day off on a flat tire. My bike's first flat. And I fixed it up all by myself! Well actually I handed Cameron the tools...there were dark clouds in the sky and a nice tailwind behind us. We had been warned about construction, but because it was a Sunday and the new double lane highway was near completion, we had 20 km of freshly paved asphalt all to ourselves. Learned how to convert miles to kilometers, which turned out to be quite depressing haha. Today was our longest day (112 miles=180km). When we were 20 km away I had another flat. Cameron tried to fix it but my tire was too far gone. I was biking on a deformed tire and the new tube got a leak. We were out of tubes but so close to our warmshowers hosts. Biked a little, stopped, pumped up the tube, biked until it went flat again. Did that the rest of the way. Each time covering less distance. Finally hobbled in to be greeted by Aaron and Barb.

No comments:

Post a Comment