Friday 11 July 2014

Medicine Hat, Day 19

Made oatmeal at the campsite for breakfast and took off for Medicine Hat. The ride was relatively easy but Cameron and I were beat from the long ride the day before. We met a fellow cyclist who had a flat on the side of the road. We offered to help and when he was all fixed up, we biked the rest of the way to the hat with him. He offered his home to us but we had plans to stay with warmshowers hosts Doug and Bonnie. Arrived at their house and had a much needed shower and meal that Bonnie prepared for us. I had been suffering from a numb hand for a while and thought that I needed to see a doctor. But why go to a doctor's office when you can go to a warmshowers. Doug was a physiotherapist and an avid cyclist! He explained the problem, showed me exercises and adjusted my bike for me. What a relief.

1 comment:

  1. Really enjoying your blogs and following your adventure and beautiful pictures as you cycle across Canada. Keep up the great cycling and hope the weather is nice for the rest of your adventure.
    -Jane, Greg, Eric and Gillian

    ReplyDelete